Winter Barn Owl

Winter Barn Owl
Life's a Hoot !

Sunday, September 29, 2013

A jam packed weekend

Our weather has been absolutely fabulous (sorry Wet Coast, BobScoot), so I took advantage of walking the 3 kms to a motorcycle get together not far from my place.  I have walked past this barn many times, but this time I had a camera in hand so snapped it and the falling down boat houses on the lake.

The 'bikers' had already gathered and the party was in full swing.


We were even joined by 'V-Star Lady' (see blog at right).
We rounded out the day by going to a friend's house (lovely, see below) for dinner.  I thought it would be rude to whip out my camera and start snapping all the delicious food on the table, so I refrained!
 Being a fan of motorcycles as well, they had this wonderful old picture of racer Mike Duff on his Yamaha.
The following day, along with V-Star Lady, we headed east to Prince Edward County, which is wine country.  Given that we were driving and riding, we did not taste any, but did stop for lunch at our favourite restaurant, 'THE INN on the Lake on the Mountain'. 
                              This is the view from the patio.


        The views are breathtaking, so that was our backdrop.

Given that we had to work off our lunch of poutine with short ribs, and greek salad, we headed into Picton.  We parked our Lotus in front of a cute shop and strolled the main drag.
I had to take a picture of this bench, which in it's previous life, was the 'backside' of a truck!

We headed home by ferry and lake view road.  Along the way, a very brave osprey had built her nest on a telephone pole.  It has been there for years, so has withstood the wind and winter weather.  Another one of mother nature's wonders.

 
 

6 comments:

  1. BnK:

    You're killing me with your good weather and also giving me flashbacks of my trip, and the Creekside and the Inn on the Lake at the top of the Mountain, and Prince Edward County, and the Ferry ride back to hwy 33 and, and, and . . .

    I thought that the new patio was closed and had to be removed ? Can't wait to get back there. So much to see and do. Not much going on here as you noticed from the weather reports. We had a major storm hit with lots of rain and wind

    at least you are out enjoying and eating while the weather is good. I remember that Lotus, the last time I saw it the engine was in pieces

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have had a real run of fab weather. Don't worry, it will be cold and snowy before we know it. It is nice to see parts of the country that you are familiar with. We look forward to seeing you again.

      Delete
  2. Couldn't ask for better weather ... poor folks on the wet coast, but now they're paying for the glorious summer that we didn't have. Hey did you see the swan near the ferry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother nature is fickle sometimes (hope I don't jinx it for us!). Missed the swan, but saw plenty in Bath, England. It is THE QUEEN'S bird so they are protected. There are hundreds swimming in the rivers!

      Delete
  3. I will try again. Loved it all and so enjoy your Blogs. it is a wonderful way of being 'with you' Great Osprey - clever bird. you are having better weather than we are, here it is warm, grey, dull and damp air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, your comment work! No one knows who you are, but I do!!!
      I just hope this weather continues!

      Delete