Winter Barn Owl

Winter Barn Owl
Life's a Hoot !

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Jett and the Sock saga.....



See my cute 'puppy' cuddling with his sister?  Well, he decided that a dirty, smelly sock would be a tasty treat!  Hard to believe that small bundle at the head of my blog can get into so much trouble!

My better half (K) said he found his socks and underwear down on the dogs perch, in the den.  He had accidentally left them in the bathroom on the floor, after his shower (mistake 1).  He thought he got it all back from Jett, but was not worried that he only found one of the socks (mistake 2).  Two days later, in the middle of the night, Jett horked up the sock.  K took the gooey smelly mess out of his crate and threw it on the laundry room floor (intending to toss it later) and closed the door (mistake 3).  I kept asking him to throw it away (Jett IS HIS dog, after all) and said he would, eventually (mistake 4).  I went into the laundry room the following day and said, oh you threw the sock away, and he said NO I DID NOT! (MISTAKE 5).  So, he said I must have opened the door (of course I did not, I KNEW the sock was there; I wasn't going to touch that stinky thing).  The long and short of it is at some point the door was opened, then closed and one of the dogs ate the tasty horked up morsel.  We are blaming Jett (if it walks like a duck)…..

We decided to take him to the vet, as we were worried it might go through his system and get stuck.  They gave him something to made him throw up, but nothing came up, so we just hoped it was working its way through his system.

Another vet bill of $150 and no sock back! (Not that we wanted it!!)


Well, the good news is that Jett did ‘pass’ the sock.  I know because 2 minutes after I let him out into the pen, I notice something hanging from his mouth.  The f’ing thing was about to go round 3 in his stomach!  Imagine a slow motion movie with me running into the yard yelling Noooo!  I sprinted at full speed outside into a fridged -30 degrees in my PJ's and grabbed it out of his mouth. YUCK!  Now, that was fun!  A sock that had spent time in his stomach and bowel, freshly shit out!  I washed my hands for a very, very long time!!! 

We do love our animals, don't we!
 




4 comments:

  1. Sock - it - to - me! Who has more fun than a dog owner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. B:

    Wow ! I don't think I want to touch that sock either.

    bob
    A weekend photographer or Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reacted on instinct when I saw him try to eat it again. I should have put surgical gloves on before heading out, but there was no time!

      Delete