Winter Barn Owl

Winter Barn Owl
Life's a Hoot !

Sunday, May 4, 2014

A birthday visit to Montreal


My niece was turning 16, so that was a perfect excuse for a family reunion in Montreal.  As you might have already noticed, we always focus are gatherings around food!  

The first day we tried out a new 'all you can eat' sushi restaurant.

We feasted on sashimi and mango chicken.



We felt a walk by the water was in order to help work off our feast.


The following day, we prepared all of the birthday girl's favourite foods!
 




Don't forget the cake!

You can't visit Montreal without 'smoked meat'; a reuben from Moe's!

We headed downtown for our last day and went back to Deville's (see previous post) and tried their fish tacos, chicken and waffles with maple sauce as well as the coconut battered onion rings!



On my drive home, I stopped at our local lock to watch the rushing water as a result of the major rain we have had!
 It was a fantastic few days!


2 comments:

  1. B:

    I've just decided that the next time I visit Montreal, I have to drag you along. You seem to know where all the good food and hip places to have a meal. That name Deville's keeps coming up . . . I like fish tacos, and I like . . .

    I don't know how you keep so slim

    bob
    A weekend photographer or Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trick, Bob, is to keep walking....the more you move, the less it sticks to your hips! I would be happy to show you around. Just let me know when!
      B

      Delete