Winter Barn Owl

Winter Barn Owl
Life's a Hoot !

Sunday, February 8, 2015

The City of Love

Travel back in time with me again, to visit the 
City of Love, Paris.
When I was in my early 20's, I lived in Paris for a year,
 working as an 'au pair' (nanny).
Although it had not been my first time there, I fell in love with it and relished any opportunity to visit again, as I did in 2009.
No visit to Paris is complete without a trip to the Eiffel Tower!
The ride up to the top was a perfect opportunity to snap the inner workings of the magnificent structure!
Although it was a foggy day, the views were still spectacular!


Paris is known for its museums, but the Musee D'orsay is different, as its origins were as a train station built in 1898.
The most well known, or course, is the Louvre, 
with its blend of old and new!

Items on display included the Mona Lisa and the King's jeweled crown

Art even exists on the streets
Joan of Arc

Another Paris landmark, Notre Dame
Luxemburg garden, which was built in 1630 by Marie de Medici, (widow of King Henry IV of France) features a picturesque fountain in her honour
as well as a 'lake' that hosts many toy boats
I enjoyed many wonderful meals 


guess what this is??
Not all meals were at restaurants.   One day we made a traditional Caprese salad and Toulouse cassoulet


While in France it is absolutely necessary to eat pastries
 and creme brulee
I can hardly wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment