Winter Barn Owl

Winter Barn Owl
Life's a Hoot !

Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Aveyron

The next chapter of my french 'sejour', was a week in and around the Aveyron region.  I spent many a summer at my Grandmother's summer home during my teenage years, so it was like coming home.
One huge improvement since my train travels from Paris to Toulouse in the 1970's, was the introduction of the TGV; Train Grande Vitesse 
It is very comfortable and takes hours off the usually long trip.
Whizzing past the french countryside was very relaxing
 
The whole trip took less that 6 hours and upon arrival in Toulouse, we were met with a lovely feast prepared by my niece, Clementine

A perfect pairing!
The next day we did a little sightseeing in Toulouse.

The Fine Arts School
 Strolling down the quay along the Garonne......
...makes for a thirsty gang....
Such a picturesque waterfront.....
 Coming up.....heading north to the Gaillac wine region.

No comments:

Post a Comment